The King James Bible is the inerrant, preserved word of God
- We believe KJV (Authorized 1611 Version) in the English language is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, and that he exists in the Godhead as three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that mankind is in a fallen state and is sinful by nature, and is therefore separated from God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh through the virgin birth and that he, “was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin” (Hebrews 4:15b).
Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures
- We believe, “that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” (I Corinthians 15:3b-4) in order to redeem sinful man.
- We believe that salvation is a free gift and is not by works, baptism and/or any other of man’s tradition, and is totally dependent upon repentance toward God and belief on the Lord Jesus Christ. “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe in a literal, burning, fiery hell, as the abode of all those that reject Jesus Christ as their savior, and that they will be cast into the lake of fire for all eternity at the Great White Throne Judgment.
- We believe that those that have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior are, “circumcised with the circumcision made without hands” (Colossians 2:11), and are eternally secure, and can never lose their salvation.
We believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the born again believers
- We believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the born again believers, in which Jesus will call out his believers (living and dead) to the clouds to meet him in the air.
- We believe in a seven-year tribulation period that ends with the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ at Armageddon.
- We believe in the 1000-year millennial reign of Jesus Christ on earth, in which he will restore both the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God on the earth.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ set up the local church as the medium through which pastors preach and teach his holy word.
- We believe that Christ is the head of the local church and that it consists of born again, baptized believers
So, are you ready to Take Your Next Step to develop a strong personal relationship with God?
Don't Delay! Whether it is your next step of faith or your next step of connecting with the community at The Road To Emmaus Baptist Church, we want to help you get there.